Friday, October 28, 2011

Floating Cake Stand

Anita from Creative Cake Confections recently had me make this stand for her.  The cake she made needed to be supported somehow, and she didn't want to use dowels or straws.  I explained to her how my stand worked, and although I sensed she was still nervous, she decided to put her trust in me.



This wasn't the first stand of this type I had made.  My ever faithful sister Jenniffer at Cup A Dee Cakes served as my guinea pig a couple of times with these cakes using the same basic design.



Anita's stand (below) was made so she could adjust the height of the blue separator boxes on the support rod so they just rested on the cake below, but carried all the weight of the cake above.  I also made her the white cake boards for the cakes to sit on.  The clamps I used on the pole were adjusted by using a screwdriver to loosen them and slide them up or down to the desired height and once secured would not budge.  I think it's a great alternative to the straw and dowel method of support.



Anita sent me this nice message after the event.

"Cake turned out great and the stand worked beautifully just like you said. I'll email you a picture shortly. Feel free to use it on your site if you'd like. I'd like to post a link to your Etsy page on my blog if you are ok with that. I know there are many decorators interested in that style of stand. Thanks again for your help!"

Anita

Thanks Anita for trusting me!

No comments:

Post a Comment